Nature Play On Vancouver Island

Nature Kindergarten On Vancouver Island

A Free Resource for Early Learning Educators :Supporting Story Play In Kindergarten

Enjoying Story Play with a partner at Aimee Blow's
Loose Parts workshop
Story Play as a regular transition into the classroom. The children were invited to use loose parts to co-construct a story together

I love discovering little stories left on all of the empty shelves after our morning exploration

Since conferences have been suspended for the time being I thought it might be of interest to share a little of the work that I have been preparing to share at the April Kamloops conference on Story Play. 

I have been offering the story play framework to my students for several years, developing and learning along this journey including reading many books on small world play, story play and play, as well as co-constructing my understandings with critical colleagues. This is especially true for decisions on access, timetabling, provocations and gathering resources. 

Much of the research has originated from the Opal School.  I hope that I have given acknowledgement to everyone whose work I have referenced. If I have missed anyone please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11tWU2Og1EobHwuydLSoDNeI0Nwz_bFF9vA9iOYmdOac/edit?usp=sharing


Liz

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.