Nature Play On Vancouver Island

Nature Kindergarten On Vancouver Island

Quotes Which Make You Think or smile :


Smell the sea and feel the sky
Van Morrison
This quote is reminiscent of our mornings at the seashore. Some of us laid on the grass adjacent to the beach observing clouds, birds, listening and enjoying the sweet scent of the ocean.
I have a fat journal full of favourite quotes. If you have my book, Outside Our Window: developing a primary nature program, then you are privy to some amazing thinkers about children and nature as every chapter begins with a quote. 

Lately, I have been reading some of Lillian Katz's writing between writing report cards to rest my brain and thought I would share this inspiring quote


"As you consider whether to move a child into formal academic training, remember that we want our children to do more that just learn how to read and write; we want them to learn in such a way that they become lifelong readers and writers. If we push our children to start learning the skills too far ahead of their own spontaneous interest in their capacity, we may sacrifice the long range goal of having them enjoy the pursuits "

- Lillian G. Katz

What are some of your favourite quotes, I bet they are in my journal!!!




Liz

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.