Nature Play On Vancouver Island

Nature Kindergarten On Vancouver Island

The Importance of Nature Play




When I was doing the research for my book, Outside Our Window, I interviewed many parents about their own childhood play experiences. I asked how has play changed for their children and wasn't surprised at their answers. Their responses aligned with what the research confirms.  I wish so much that I had filmed their interviews and believe it is one of the primary reasons parents value my nature kindergarten program and why I am so passionately committed to supporting teachers who are transitioning to an outdoor program. 

This excellent video from the Opal School on the importance of play shares their story as a school and helps us to understand what children want and need. The link is below.








No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.